- To prepare rub, place all rub ingredients in a food processor and process until very finely ground. Dredge steak on all sides with mixture.
- To prepare butter, place sesame oil, soy sauce and miso in a pot and whisk together over medium heat; let cool to room temperature. Place in a mixer and add butter; beat to combine. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- To prepare glaze, cook all glaze ingredients in a pot and reduce for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. It should have a thick, sticky consistency.
- To prepare Sesame Dry Aged Beef Snow, mix dry aged beef fat and sesame oil. Add tapioca maltodextrin and stir until the fat and oil are absorbed. Season with salt.
- Cook steak in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat in a little butter and dry aged beef fat, being careful not to burn.
- Blanch broccolini in boiling salted water and place in ice bath. Just before serving, roast in the oven until crisp and tender. Finish the broccolini with a drizzle of teriyaki glaze and top with crispy garlic and red onions. (You can make the crispy red onion and garlic or purchase pre-made.) Top steak with a dusting of Sesame Dry Aged Beef Snow.
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Robbe Felice at pastaRAMEN.