- To prepare sofrito, using a food processor, chop onions, carrots and celery separately. Add to a large pot set over medium-high heat. Cook for 1 hour or until nicely browned, stirring frequently. Cook the beef, pork and veal in another large pot until golden brown, stirring to break up meat. Add sofrito and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a very large pot, cook the pancetta or guanciale until golden brown. Deglaze with white wine and add the cooked ground meats and sofrito; cook for 10 minutes more.
- Quickly add the mirin, miso and red wine. Stir to deglaze pot and add the tomato sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce and pig skin. Simmer over low heat for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. In the final 30 minutes of cooking, add cream and sesame oil. Tie the oregano, thyme and basil together with butcher’s twine and add to pot; cook for 30 minutes more. If the Bolognese seems dry you may add water or chicken stock.
- Once the Bolognese has finished cooking remove the herbs and pig skin. Use a stick blender to slightly blend the Bolognese so it comes together.
- To prepare glaze, stir together all ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes to reduce. Add parsley to taste.
- To prepare croquettes, stir together warm Bolognese sauce and cheeses. Add cooked ramen and mix well with your hands. Let cool, then shape into balls about 30 grams in size.
- Roll each in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry until golden brown and drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Garnish each serving with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and serve with dipping sauce.
Recipe created in partnership with Chef Robbe Felice at pastaRAMEN.