- Add flours to mixer and pour in yolks.
- With dough hook, allow mixture to knead for 20 minutes.
- Remove from mixer and wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Allow to rest for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Run the dough through a pasta sheeter in intervals until desired thickness is achieved.
- Cut with a pasta wheel into triangular shapes.
Katsu Bolognese Instructions:
- Toast fennel seed.
- Grind fennel seed, black peppercorns and chili flake in spice grinder.
- In a very hot rondeau, add a touch of canola oil. Brown sausage, seasoning with salt.
- After browning, use a large whisk to break apart the cooked sausage to ensure there are no large clumps of sausage.
- Take out sausage, and using the fat left behind in the rondeau, sweat onions, carrots and celery.
- When vegetables are translucent, add in fennel seed, black pepper and chili flake and lightly toast.
- After toasting immediately add in tomato paste and caramelize.
- After tomato paste starts to stick on pan and has darkened in color, deglaze with white wine and reduce to sec.
- Next, add dark chicken jus, Kikkoman Katsu Sauce, yuzu kosho, peeled tomatoes, sachet of parm rinds and thyme.
- Cook down the ragu for about half an hour, or until it is no longer watery.
- Season with red wine vinegar and salt to taste and cool down.